Me & My Work Space- Vanilla Rose Weddings & Events
Posted on April 29 2020
2. How long have you worked for yourself?
Since mid 2012, so just coming up to 8 years, which seems crazy!
3. Tell us about your work space
It’s feminine with styled shelves and pretty accessories! However, I share an office with my husband, so although we have our own space, I sometimes prefer to take my work to a coffee shop for a change of scenery!
4. Describe your typical working day
If I’m working at home, I start the day with a cup of tea and my Planner to create my To Do list for the day. I prioritise my tasks and then block schedule my time, as it’s the only way for me to ensure I have a productive day. I usually work on client wedding admin in the morning; this could include finalising schedules and logistics for an upcoming wedding day, putting together a brief to gather floristry quotes for a marquee wedding, or sourcing a band for an evening reception.
I always make sure I take a break for lunch and try to get outside for a walk in our village if the weather is nice, before going back to my desk for the afternoon. I’ll work a little more on client weddings before tackling the admin tasks on my list. These might be sending invoices, writing a blog post, or scheduling social media posts. On days when I’m not working from the office, I might be out on the road visiting suppliers, having client meetings, or viewing potential venues for a couple.
5. What are the top three things you need to make your space your own?
My Lifestyled Planner, My Vision Board (to keep me inspired and always focused on what I want to achieve), and a secret supply of luxury chocolate!
6. Top tip/s for working from home?
- Try and keep distractions to a minimum and work in an area of your home that is specifically just for working, if you can. It allows me to shut it off when I’m not working, so I don’t think too much about it when I’m spending time with my family!
- Set aside time during the day for household tasks, if there’s something that needs to be done – half an hour for hanging the washing out, or putting the shopping delivery away – it will stop you from thinking about it in the back of your mind if it’s scheduled in.
- Ensure you take a break, and don’t eat lunch at your desk!
7. Any positive changes which have come about since the lock down?
I have just loved seeing how a community truly comes together in a crisis; I think we’ll all come out of this stronger, much kinder, and will take less for granted.
8. What would you do with an extra free day?
As a working mum, my spare time is often spent looking after my children, so I’d allow myself time for me; perhaps a yoga class followed by a spa day and some delicious cocktails!
- Tea or coffee? Tea, always!
- Cake or biscuits? Cake – specifically chocolate or banana!
- Music or quiet? Music – I always have it playing it the background or throughout the house
- Mac or PC? Mac
- Early bird or night owl? I wish I was an early bird, but that would be a lie!
- Book or podcast? Podcast
I don't know about you but I want to go and re-do my entire house after seeing Jeni's stunning photos! Thanks so much for sharing your work space and working day with us. If you're looking for a luxury wedding planner I can highly recommend Jeni- click here to check out her website for even more inspiration!