Real Brides- Lucija and Adrian’s Fiesta and Flowers wedding on the Island of Krk
Posted on March 10 2019
We are sent lovely stories and pictures of customers’ experiences with our shoes, so here in our Real Brides’ series, we invite a bride to share their stories and journey of the big day and celebrations, saying “yes” in RS!
Lucija contacted us about maintaining her shoes after the wedding (see shoe care advice for more info) and sent us some beautiful wedding snaps. Here we talk to her about her traditional church wedding in her hometown on Krk, Croatia on a gorgeously sunny day.
1. Tell us a little bit about you as a couple- how you met, how long you’ve been together, where you live etc.
Adrian and I were friends for a long time before sparks happened. The sweetest part of that kind of relationship is getting to know each other with part of brain that wasn't on “ON” before! I kinda new pretty much at the beginning that it will come to the "gown and suit" day! :)
We are both born and raised in small town of Krk (on the Adriatic island by same name) in Croatia and we still live here...probably for good.
2. Tell us about the wedding- date, location etc.
Krk is part of Mediterranean so it is quite hot during summer. That's why late summer/early fall was perfect for whole day and night kind of wedding. So Last year in October my wedding day finally came! We got married in little town church with our friends and family in attendance and it was absolutely perfect!
Perfect-everything- The atmosphere, music, food, setting… just magical! When night came we went to a small medieval town of Vrbnik where my Mom was born – We had amazingly delicious world-known wine called “Žlahtina”! We danced and danced till 5 am, or until we couldn't stand on our feet any more... we ate, drank (and drank some more) and laughed...it was truly a happy day!
3. Tell us about the BEST wedding moment, something that will be unforgettable to you.
It is honestly too hard to pick one special moment but looking back everybody was so happy, positive energy just flew through the two of us and through all of our friends! Indescribable happiness from everybody we love, was everything two people getting married really need!
4. What is your Top Tip for wedding planning, what brought everything together?
It is serious business planning your own wedding! It doesn't look like that at first. We knew where we would like to have dinner and party and music (a band) for the evening part… so we made reservations a whole year before. Picking my dress, shoes, hairstyle was fun because I did a lot of research to find exactly what suits my personality best! It was a hectic week before the wedding day, with or without wedding planner would be, but if person who organizes the event has a little black book by his/her side with all important information and telephone numbers in it - everything is easier! :)
We were extremely lucky because we had warm and sunny October Saturday! Everything was according to plan but chilled at the same time!
5. Who was your wedding gown by, or what were your gowns features making it unique to your day?
My beautiful lace gown was made by Envy Room studio- these boys know how to make a dress! :) Picking perfect gown was a long process but in the end I think I choose right! The head piece - beautiful handmade (and hand painted) silk flowers, were made by the most talented Jennifer Wood from Mignonne Handmade studio in France. When I saw that flower crown I knew what kind of "fiesta" gown I wanted! There is no need to elaborate more about the dress and hair piece, the pictures speak for themselves! :)
6. Which of our Rachel Simpson shoe styles or accessories did you choose for your Wedding day? First of all, the moment I saw your shoes I was madly in love! Instantly! I stumbled upon your beautiful shoes while browsing the internet for the ideas and it was love at first site! Beautiful mint leather with gold details... it was actually an easy pick! I ordered Mimosa mint and they fitted perfectly! Cinderella moment...trust me! :) I was wearing them all day and for the evening party. Mimosa Mint made me feel super elegant and special! I thank you for making shoes like that, honestly! :) I will wear them for many years.
Recreate Lucija’s look:
Dress: Envy Room
Shoes: Rachel Simpson
Headdress: Mignonne Studio
Location: Krk, Croatia, Adriatic Islands
All pictures were photographed by Martina Škrobot
To be featured on our Real Bride blog, simply get in touch with a few photos and a little bit about your wedding. We'd love to hear from you :) In the meantime click here to take a look at our range of Mimosa shoes and other elegant t-bar wedding shoes.